dos games

Pau1JB 13:07 02 Apr 2004

I have downloaded cannon fodder for the pc and in runs under dos. It all works apart from the sound. I have windows xp and i have a creative sound blaster is there anyway i can get the sound to work

thanks

ThePharcyde007 13:40 02 Apr 2004

Try right clicking the exe file for cannon fodder, and set the compatibility mode for Windows 95/98/Me.

Maybe that would work!

Pau1JB 14:23 02 Apr 2004

allready thought of that it makes no difference

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:59 02 Apr 2004

Good old cannon foder remember it well from my Amiga days,used to pee me off serverly but as ßéLâ says i doubt you will get sound.Im suprised you got it running lol.

Regards.

xania 15:09 02 Apr 2004

I am expecting similar problems if and when I upgrade to XP. Its for that very reason that I will set up a dual boot system with XP, for when it works, and SE, for when it doesn't.

Just a thought...

keith-236785 16:10 02 Apr 2004

Cannon fodder does run on winxp, but as Pau1JB says No sound, same for me....

i also have cannon fodder on an amiga emulator which does give sound but won't save the game so its a bit of a waste of time playing it.

only suggestion is to try booting into dos with a start up disk and it might run from there (but i doubt it) or to partition your drive and dual boot with winxp & win98.

good luck, good game as well even if it is an oldie.

Pau1JB 12:46 03 Apr 2004

i will think about the win 98 idea once i get my new hard disk i just filled an 80gb there so.

cheers anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires