Dont Shoot Me But

The Paul 00:07 30 Sep 2003

I took the top 4 threads about 10 minutes ago a searched for results of other older threads to see if there was any close, or even close, matches. Out of the top 4 I got matches for 3. I admit that some might be a bit hit and miss and maybe no use, but some were spot on. It got me thinking.

I just wondered how much initial research is done prior to whacking out a thread. Maybe FE and PCA should make a bigger play on researching prior to posting a new thread.

Personally, I have resolved 3 issues over the past week or so regarding WinME and memory problems by searching the older threads.

Just a thought. Night all.

Chegs ® 00:17 30 Sep 2003

Bang! Gotya

The Paul 00:29 30 Sep 2003

Im dead then. Thanks Chegs ® and good shot.

Forum Editor 00:33 30 Sep 2003

but a goodie, nevertheless.

We also wish that people would take a look at the archive before posting, but............We wouldn't want to deter anyone from seeking a bespoke answer to their question.

The Paul 00:41 30 Sep 2003

I agree totally. The whole idea is that our members get a fix for their problem.

My point was that there may be a wee need for edumication - so to speek.

I guess that a lot of these members posting dont actually realise that the search facility is available and how well it can work. As I said, i resolved 3 problems recently. Perhaps we could promote the search facility better on the site.

Typical - some twit thinks of an idea that will give guys hours of work. Sorreeeeeeee. Paul

spuds 00:59 30 Sep 2003

Recently we have had a number of similar posting on how to get rid of spam, or what programmes are available to download etc. The same thing applies to spyware downloads.As mentioned above, a search will render quite a lot of information.I think the problem via a search, is that quite a number of newcomers are unaware of this facilty, or perhaps are a little confused of its actual workings.

canard 14:10 30 Sep 2003

Whenever I try search it always tells me nothing on this topic.Grateful that the questions get repeated as I may have missed earlier threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)