Done something stupid with Outlook 2003.

ricardoespana 15:12 08 Mar 2010

Earlier I went to create a new Outlook 2003 profile, but forgot to do correction to the profile name. I have tried to open the Mail Icon in control panel, but I receive a message, saying "The list of profiles could not be loaded. An unexpected error has occurred".

I have tried to do a detect and repair using my Office 2003 disc, but still unable to open the Mail icon. I have renamed Outlook.dat to .old, but that has not helped.

I though about removing all of MS Office 2003 and reloading, but as there are experts on this forum, I thought I would try here first.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

KremmenUK 15:21 08 Mar 2010

Try renaming Outlook.pst which is usually embedded in your Application Data > Microsoft directory structure somewhere.

When Outlook restarts it will create a new one.

BRYNIT 15:34 08 Mar 2010

You could try creating a new pst file click here

ricardoespana 18:29 08 Mar 2010

First of all, my apologies for not replying sooner. I was called out on an errand.

I have created a new .pst file - no problems. But I cannot add a new account via Outlook Connector. I want to add my Hotmail account. As I said earlier, I am unable to open the 'Mail' icon in Control Panel, so unable to create a new Hotmail profile.

I know I am missing something to overcome this, but my brain has given up.lol

ricardoespana 18:06 09 Mar 2010

Overnight I have added my Hotmail account via Outlook Connector, but I am still unable to open the Mail icon in the Control Panel.

I still get a message saying - "The list of profiles could not be loaded. An unexpected error has occurred".

Any ideas why I am unable to open the mail icon.?

ricardoespana 22:39 09 Mar 2010

Have resolved this problem at last - many thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires