Domain name - Removing contact details from WhoIs

CodeMeister 21:05 14 Feb 2007

Hello,

Could anyone please recommend an company that can register a domain name for me and offer a means by which my personal address does not appear on the WhoIs database ?

Someone has even set up the following website in protest at this click here

The following companies links so the sort of thing I'm looking for.

click here

click here

I think that the WhoIs database could make owners of domain names open to identity theft and unsolicited junk mail.

Thanks in advance
David

Z1100 22:41 14 Feb 2007

they will not add your details to the Nominet 'whois' data base. If the site is trading then by law they must add all your details.

You will receive a communication from Nominet after you purchase a domain and the electronic form has a check box for private and business use and you just select private and then select hide my details.

It has nothing to do with the ISP or the Site Host.

Hanx!
K.

CodeMeister 22:57 14 Feb 2007

Hi z1100

Thanks for your reply.

EasySpace offer a product called "Easyspace Privacy" which works by "replacing your personal details, such as address, telephone number, etc with Easyspace’s own details".

See click here

Do you (or anyone) have any experience of EasySpace or this particular product ?

Regards
Dave

djbenny 09:34 16 Feb 2007

you can get whois guard with the registrar im with namecheap.comthgey come with a year free whois guard so your id is protected!

CodeMeister 13:18 16 Feb 2007

Hi djbenny,

I wasn't aware of namecheap.com and their WhoIs Guard product, so many thanks indeed for making me aware of that one.

Regards
Dave

computerboy 17:15 17 Feb 2007

1&1 blocks whois if you ask them to

CodeMeister 19:20 17 Feb 2007

Hi computerboy,

Thanks for suggesting 1&1.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone