Domain name registration- who to use?

Singerz 12:18 05 Dec 2006

We currently have our company domain name registered with godaddy.com. We bought a POP3 email package and use it for email on our PC's at work using outlook express. We also use it for webmail when we work from home.

We have been having problems with customers not being able to email us, their emails get bounced back as spam. I have been in touch with support who say there is nothing we can do about it.

So I have decided to transfer the domain to another registrar and buy some new POP3 boxes.

I have begun transferring to 123-reg.co.uk but have been put off by them due to:
1- Owned by pipex and they have been messing me about at home.
2- Tech support phone line rings out and they will not respond to my emails.
3- Their webmail is not good as a/ you can't send attachments and b/ you have to be logged in to the account control panel to access webmail.

Just wondered if someone could recommend a reputable company I can use to transfer the domain name to, as, other than 123-reg, I don't really know of anyone else.

Many thanks.

wildtrout 12:39 05 Dec 2006

web-mania works for me, I have 4 sites with them.
123-reg.co.uk drove me to distraction!

Z1100 14:49 05 Dec 2006

click here

I run 5 e-mail accounts from there and auto-responders.They can register and host your domain as can most.

Hanx!
K.

Kate B 17:46 05 Dec 2006

I use click here - small company providing bespoke services. Cheap for me but my requirements are modest.

spuds 00:39 06 Dec 2006

I have used click here for a few years now. I know that some people have had problems with them in the past, but personally I haven't, and on the point I would recommend them.

Z1100 00:37 07 Dec 2006

click here first lucky 500 only.

walesrob 21:52 07 Dec 2006

I've used Heart click here for a while now, the support is fantastic - even when I emailed them at 10am Sunday morning, the reply came 10 minutes later.

I did use 123-reg, but I found support at times non-existent and I also encountered problems with my domains emails bouncing or non-delivery.

If you really take your emails seriously, I would invest some money in a decent email service. I'm with Fastmail, and all my domain's emails are routed through this service and the web services stay with the orginal company I bought the domain from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?