Domain name Email problem

Graham. 09:14 29 Aug 2007

A friend has a Domain name and tells me she can receive emails addressed to [email protected] (that's [email protected] com in case it turns into a click here).

But now it has stopped working, and my emails are returned with 'disabled by user or upstream'.

She has a normal Orange ISP address which is OK. There is only that account in Outlook Express.

I assume that the person who set up the domain name for her, configured the host to deliver mail to the Orange address. Is it this that has gone wrong?

Thalmus 12:17 29 Aug 2007

Is it possible that the domain has not been renewed and expired? Do a whois lookup to check click here

Graham. 13:10 29 Aug 2007

That was my first thought, no it's current. I suspect there may be a simpler answer - she's changed ISP. It's difficult to extract such information because she simply doesn't understand these things.

Thalmus 15:00 29 Aug 2007

If the domain is simply forwarding email to her ISP account, then you will need to login to the registrar where the domain was registered. In the options somewhere there should be one that says email forwarding. You will just need to change the old address to the new one.

Graham. 16:02 29 Aug 2007

Trouble is, I think she may have lost contact with the person that set up the domain. I know the host, but have no login details.

I just wanted to confirm my own view of things, as I have a domain of my own so I know how these things work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?