Domain and email addresses query

onthelimit1 11:13 22 Mar 2014
Answered

Out of my comfort zone here! Was sorting some technical problems for a neighbour who has a domain setup through Easily.co.uk. His email address for that is in the form [email protected]

His question is, can he have an additional name before the @ sign to indicate it has been sent by a different person (his secretary)?

Any advice would be welcome.

spuds 11:20 22 Mar 2014
Answer

I would suggest that he takes this up with Easily.

My domains provider allows additional email addresses at no extra cost to the package deal, and this answers the/your question in my case.

onthelimit1 11:39 22 Mar 2014

Thanks spuds. If it is normal to be able to do this, I'll get him to give them a call.

Woolwell 15:52 22 Mar 2014

I've just looked at the easily site and it isn't obvious how many email addresses there are or how to add them. Most hosts allow this though.

wiz-king 17:01 22 Mar 2014

I get a several as standard with Namesco, the first is a general mailbox that can be forwarded to anywhere the next two or three can be named addresses eg. [email protected] and can be forwarded to different addresses. I can get more by paying extra.

onthelimit1 18:02 22 Mar 2014

Thanks guys. Yes, I did look at their website, but not the most user friendly I've come across!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017