Does PC Doctor identify hardware faults?

BRFCIDB 22:06 12 Oct 2006

If I run PC Doctor will it identify a faulty part on the otherboard?

Thanks

DieSse 22:11 12 Oct 2006

click here this one possibly will.

click here this one certainly won't.

What fault do you think you might have on your motherboard - or why do you think you have a hardware fault at all? Let us know more, and you may get more useful help.

BRFCIDB 22:16 12 Oct 2006

have a HP Media Center thats 2 years old, it keeps hanging every 6-8 hours. I have taken it into 2 local computers stores, one charged me £30 but didn't manage to repair it. They swapped all parts except the Motherboard. The second shop said they found a faulty BIOS reading and it may be the motherboard. However it's exclusive to HP. I have looked on HP wedsite and their local authorised repair center is in Leed.They said it's £165 call out and £55 for each half an hour, plus parts. This would mean if it is the motherboard (£120) it would cost me £360. This seems a lot and although the unit is high spec and cost £800 2 years ago, I could buy this spec for £450 now. Any advise on how I could get it done cheaper?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:18 12 Oct 2006

click here

duplicate

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:23 12 Oct 2006

If your motherboard or BIOS were faulty, it is extremely unlikely that the PC would boot at all.

the fact that its is ok for 6-8 hours indicates a possible heat / voltage problem Speedfan click here
will show you what temperatures your CPU , case and Har drives are getting to.

DieSse 22:29 12 Oct 2006

Fruit Bat /\0/\ s suggestion is a good place to start.

*The second shop said they found a faulty BIOS reading*

And what was the "faulty BIOS reading"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone