Does Memory Stick Pro work in a MS reader

as400man 14:42 12 Jan 2006

I have a 4in1 memory card reader which takes Memory Stick. Will this also work with Memory Stick Pro as I am buying a camera using this type of stick which is new to me and I would like to know if I have to buy a new reader.

Thanks for your help.

PaulB2005 14:46 12 Jan 2006

Make and model?

click here

"..most devices that use the original Memory Stick form factor support both the original Memory Sticks and the Pro Sticks; some readers that were not compatible could be upgraded to Memory Stick Pro support via a Flash ROM Update."

SG Atlantis® 14:47 12 Jan 2006

they look the same

click here

as400man 15:00 12 Jan 2006

Thanks both. I do not know what make of reader it is (it's at home) but it came bundled with an Acer laptop. It goes in the PCI slot and I don't think it has a maker's name but I'll check this evening. Thanks once again.

Not necessarily, I had a card reader which took memory stick but would not read Memory stick pro or pro duo (even in the little adapter case)mind you a replacement is so cheap (check out Ebuyers own brands) that I don't think it will cause you any probs!!

as400man 17:59 12 Jan 2006

It's just that it goes into the PCI slot and frees up a USB on my laptop. And I've never used it so I'd like to get something out of it if possible:) But I get your drift - not the biggest problem on this site!!

Thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?