Does a Broadband internet connection

Giggle n' Bits 22:38 15 Jun 2006

always or most times have a stable connections speed as different times of the day my broadband is say 5.5mbps or then 5.2mbps then night today 4.5mbps. Other days its can be 2.5 or 3.8 keeps changing up and down.

Mad Mick 22:57 15 Jun 2006

Join the club!! Welcome to the ups and downs of 8 Mb Broadband. You are not alone.

Jaro 23:43 15 Jun 2006

no you are not :)

Giggle n' Bits 00:10 16 Jun 2006

I was previuosly with Wanadoo Broadband for a few year until May this year just before they went to orange and they incorrectly provisioned my line when upgrading the 8MB on the LLU technology.

My new ISP told me I wouldn't have the problems like Wanadoo. Which I admit, its just a little inconsistant daily but at least its not diconnecting or totally down.

Thanks for the replies. Don't suppose you could help me suss out why I cannont get my other machine online with broadband, in a new post.

CurlyWhirly 03:57 16 Jun 2006

My line fluctuates through the day but not much as I can only get 3 Mb as my line is around 5 km in length.

At quiet times I get around 3 Mb but at peak times I get around 2 Mb as BT say that with Max DSL, it is likely that speeds no greater than 2Mb will be achieved at peak usage times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?