Does anyone use Zen for their ISP

FatboySlim71 08:06 08 Sep 2007

I was wondering if anyone uses Zen for their ISP and if so what are your opinions/experiences of them?

Thanks

User-1159794 08:22 08 Sep 2007

click here

Third one down.

FatboySlim71 08:28 08 Sep 2007

Thanks Rapscallion I had been on this site ealier.
Has anyone got a personal experiance of using Zen?

anskyber 08:51 08 Sep 2007

Me. Totally first rate, reliable and incredibly helpful staff. I cannot speak more highly of them and so refreshing after my experience with Wannnado/Orange.

FatboySlim71 08:53 08 Sep 2007

Thanks anskyber for your help/reply, its much appreciated.

Input Overload 09:47 08 Sep 2007

I've used then for 3 years and have been delighted with their service.

tallboy 10:18 08 Sep 2007

I used to work for Eclipse Internet (a competitor of Zen) and still use Eclipse now I am retired. Zen, along with Eclipse (click here) are in the top five ISPs in the UK. I would expect the sort of comments about Zen that you have already received. You can only improve on them by going to Eclipse Internet!

p.s. If you opt for Eclipse, please put 'Giant' in the referer code - it will help my pension!

smokingbeagle 12:24 08 Sep 2007

Used to be with Eclipse for about 3 years upto April 2007. Their reliability appeared to be in steep decline.
click here

Migrated to Zen. Has been trouble-free so far. I haven't needed to deal with their Support so cannot comment on them.

FatboySlim71 13:12 08 Sep 2007

Thanks all for your helpful responses, I really do appreciate the help. If anyone else has experiences of Zen then I would be grateful to hear them.

shizzy 22:20 08 Sep 2007

We have been with Zen for well over two years and although more expensive than a lot of ISPs we can't fault them. During that time we have had two BT line problems and each time Zen have helped to sort it out. Phone calls to them (Zen) are local rate.

Lettervanman 22:33 08 Sep 2007

In the main I agree,they are good with support and are in this country.
However,like other providers they depend on BT being helpful,and during recent problems in my local area, they could not find out what the problem was.
As with other ISP's it is always assumed that the problem is at your end, and they are unwilling, or unable to contact BT to see if they have a problem.
On balance,I think they are in the top rank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?