Does anyone know how to make new users seperate?

Internetwhizzkid 15:27 01 Mar 2007

Just recently, I have started doing my GCSE’s now to make things easier, I have been advised to use a computer to do drawing and the writing tasks. I currently have one computer that is purely my own, now because I use it for different things, does anybody know how I will be able to make a new user account on the computer, and have all of this school work and the software separate from other accounts.
Basically I will install some software and do my work and save it to that user account and I do not want any other user to view these files. And when I install this new software I don’t want it to appear in all that counts just the account and school does anybody know how to do this?
Also my school uses a virtual learning environment. This means that I will be able to download all my school files on the school computers from home and then use them. So what I wanted to be able to do is look on to the school account and be asked for the school username and password straight away and then have my files appear on the screen as soon as the username and password have been entered correctly. So that it saves time, and Ireland have to open my web browser and browse to the web page. Again does anybody know how I could do this?
Anything that will be helpful

Thanks
Ben

recap 15:38 01 Mar 2007

In Windows XP, go to Control Panel/User Accounts and follow the wizard to add a new user account. You must be logged in as an administrative to do this.

In the user account save the software to the desktop. Hold down the left shift key and right click the program icon, select 'Run As'. This will allow you to install the program on that account only. You must use the Admin username and password in this process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?