Does anyone have any information........

The Teacher 21:37 25 Apr 2004

the following?

I have a gamepad that was a free gift with something a while back. It is not something I would normally use as I prefer using a joystick but one of the plastic tabs that holds the spring is broken and so the joystick is of no use.

I have connected the gamepad that I have and used "add new hardware". However my PC does not seem to recognise the device.

The gamepad itself is a Performance PC Control Pad, that has 8-way digital direction control and 6 individual fire buttons.

My PC, when trying to configure the gamepad only shows gamepads with 4 fire buttons, and does not mention Performance at all.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get this to work until I can purchase a new joystick?

Thanks in advance.

The Teacher

woodchip 21:40 25 Apr 2004

You do not say what OS but if 98se go to Device Manager and remove Joystick then restart comp with the Pad connected or if it's a USB just plug it in. be ready with your windows disc

The Teacher 21:55 25 Apr 2004

Win ME is the OS. I also removed the joystick from Device Manager first. It isn't USB, it uses the game port.

Also the only windows disk I have is a recovery disk as my machine is OEM.

The Teacher

woodchip 22:24 25 Apr 2004

try the add new hardware wizard in control panel

keith-236785 23:32 25 Apr 2004

have a look on the bottom of the pad, does it say a Make, ie Interact. if so, I have the drivers for it.

click here, if this is the pad, e-mail me and i will send you the driver for it (it all fits on one floppy so should e-mail ok).

The Teacher 21:56 26 Apr 2004

Thanks, Paperman, e-mail on its way.

It says Performance on the box but the card inside is Interact, so I assume that it is the same.

The Teacher

keith-236785 19:31 27 Apr 2004

ok, i will get the floppy and zip it, send to you later tonight.

keith-236785 19:55 27 Apr 2004

right, file sent, i have stripped out the other languages (french dutch german etc) so the file is only about 500kb

as the e-mail says, unzip, run setup.exe, once completed. connect powerpad, goto control panel/ game controllers, click "add controller" scroll down to Interact 6 button pad, once installed, you will have to calibrate it and test it is working ok.

if you have any problems or the file wont work, e-mail me your postal address and i will post the original disk to you.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017