Does any one know Softarium

xania 09:04 04 Aug 2004

Do anyone have any experience of dealing with this software supplier? Some of their prices are very low - others can be equalled at any computer show or Ebay.

click here

Kate B 14:16 04 Aug 2004

It's OEM software, which means you don't get the box or the manual. OEM software is for manufacturers to supply with a computer, so Softarium is operating in a somewhat grey area. Others more knowledgeable than I will tell you if it's strictly legal.

xania 14:45 04 Aug 2004

Yes - the OEM aspect is recognised - once again, this is frequently the case with computer shows and EBay. The amin question, however, is whether they are otherwise legal - i.e. not pirate copies.

Kate B 16:39 04 Aug 2004

I think that's a secondary issue, actually: I'm not sure it's legal in the first place to sell OEM software to regular punters like you and me.

Belatucadrus 18:25 04 Aug 2004

Two things
1) Only address info I can see is "Eastern Europe".
2) When you get to the order entry page for credit card details, it's not a secure page.
Now they may be quite above board, but at this point they've triggered two of my No Way In Hell rules to Internet shopping.

xania 09:11 05 Aug 2004

Yes - and one other - there's absolutely no way to contact them that I can see. In fact a colleague got hold of the address and wanted more than one opinion. I think we have it.

Thanks Belatucadrus

xania 09:11 05 Aug 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?