Dodgy Ebay PC?

ste_bla 17:42 21 Nov 2004

looking at computers on ebay and saw this click here i thought that AMD didnt use DDR2 yet as the cpu (with onboard memory controller) doesnt support it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:47 21 Nov 2004

£4,300.00 'nuff said.

G

Diodorus Siculus 17:50 21 Nov 2004

All the seller is doing is touting for business - seems that it will be built for anyone who pays that kind of money...

Sans le Sou 18:07 21 Nov 2004

So it has 4 hard disks and 2 daisy chained graphics cards with a 20 inch tft. Still seems well over the top for price.

goonerbill © ® 18:13 21 Nov 2004

after a quick look on the net. this mobo doesn't run ddr2 mem as you guessed.

the price for the whole pc does seem a bit high but you are getting £900 worth of graphics cards and the case is over £100. if you went and bought all the components listed it would probably come to something near his starting price.

TomJerry 18:35 21 Nov 2004

so it is really not important what people get

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:48 21 Nov 2004

'if you went and bought all the components listed it would probably come to something near his starting price'...you forgot that he has to make a profit unless he is running a charity. Mammon 1...Altruism 0

G

Dorsai 18:53 21 Nov 2004

Just now, 7 mins to go before auction closes, not one bid. seems no-one is interested.

Anyone can come up with a list of parts, and the offer to sell them, built up into a PC.

If no one buys it, the seller just does not buy the bits.

I guess.

Dorsai 19:01 21 Nov 2004

"I have one of these systems myself, and i must say i have been blown away by both the sheer power of the machine and its looks."

and

"NOTE: Both the Motherboard and Graphics cards are not released until Late November/Early December"

He/she has one, and the parts are not yet avaliable!!

No surprise no one wants it.

PS, UNSOLD.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:40 21 Nov 2004

Glad to see the usual support for British enterprise.

G

PSF 21:44 21 Nov 2004

click here for a similar pc from Scan, it is a bit cheaper....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?