DocumentTransfer

collinsc 09:12 19 Feb 2008

I want a colleague to pass me about 20 documents. Instead of emailing them, can she log on to my PC and then store them on the desktop. Then when I log back on I can grab them from the desktop? Will that work?! Or do I need a file location for them to be dragged to instead?

Thanks

Diemmess 09:28 19 Feb 2008

Assuming you are in the same building and no bar to copying or adding documents to both PCs why not a pen drive?
Or is that too simplistic?

collinsc 09:59 19 Feb 2008

that functionality has been switched off for security reasons.

is what i have stated possible?

MAJ 10:31 19 Feb 2008

If "that functionality has been switched off for security reasons", then the chances are good that all other ways have been switched off as well, CD or floppy transfer, access to eachother's account etc.

collinsc 10:51 19 Feb 2008

security reasons- so no-one can take information out of the building only. so im guessing this should be fine... providing it is actually something you can do?!

im querying it- because im not sure that you can..
if i save data to the desktop, log off, and then maj logs on- surely the data i put on the desktop wont be there will it!? isnt desktop personal to each profile?

johnnyrocker 10:56 19 Feb 2008

surely easiest way is to e mail them to you send it .com and then you collect it?

johnny.

Taff™ 12:40 19 Feb 2008

Ask you IT people. Normally in a company networked environment there are Shared Folders for just such a situation. Alternatively there may be an internal e-mail system set up from the mail server using IMAP as opposed to POP3.

collinsc 17:04 19 Feb 2008

cheers guys

johnnyrocker 17:30 19 Feb 2008

resolved how?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017