documents into bookform

podlod 09:02 30 Aug 2009

Hi, I have Microsoft Office 2003 so can you tell me if I can make my documents into book form, if not, is there a free software that I can use, thank you.

Terry Brown 09:14 30 Aug 2009

Go into Format and select Columns
Terry

podlod 13:52 01 Sep 2009

Hi, thanks for the help, I found it straight away, but what I am asking is can I change my existing documents into book pages permanently?

Terry Brown 15:08 01 Sep 2009

Just open the documents, highlight all and do the above.
Save file. Done

AndySD 15:27 01 Sep 2009

If this is for printing then you can't send them to the printer in Word. You also need to make sure the total page numbers are divisable by 4

Woolwell 15:40 01 Sep 2009

It is better to use a desktop publishing program to produce books/booklets. You may be able to find a free offer for an old version of Serif PagePlus. It used to appear on magazine cover discs. Printers generally prefer pdf files.

dogbreath1 15:55 01 Sep 2009

If you save the reformatted document as a pdf using click here for example, you will be able to print the result satisfactorily regardless of number of pages.

BT 16:26 01 Sep 2009

Free version from here
click here

Simsy 17:26 01 Sep 2009

FinePrint...

click here

It allows you, (amongst many other things), to print a document as a "booklet". It automatically sorts out the page arrangement so that you can fold a document printed on A4 paper into an A5 size booklet.

If you dont pay for it it leave a "printed using Fineprint" mark on each page.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

podlod 10:52 16 Sep 2009

Hi all, thanks for all your help and will play around with some of your responded help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?