Document scanning

Gary Wood 17:31 24 May 2007

I am looking at purchasing a scanner with a document feeder so that I can digitise some documents and store them as PDFs.

The scanner software provides the ability to scan multipage documents to PDF. However, some of the documents I need to scan are double sided and the scanner can't do these automatically.

This means that I'm going to end up with 2 PDFs for each document - one containing the front side of each page and one containing the back.

Does anyone know of a way I can automatically combine these into one file so that the pages are in the right order?

Thanks,

Gary

fitshase 19:25 24 May 2007

If you use Adobe Acrobat it should be no problem. Is there not an option on the scanner software to select "2 sided"?

marsman 19:42 24 May 2007

If you look at the Brother range of MFC devices, they have a document feeder. I use the MFC 5440 when you scan a document, it gives you the option to scan the other side as one PDF.Hope this helps.

Gary Wood 20:23 24 May 2007

Thanks for your replies. I don't know yet exactly what options are in the scanner software - because I haven't yet bought the device! I just checked with HP today and they said it wouldn't be possible (though they weren't very helpful, so could well be wrong!).

The model I'm looking at is the HP OfficeJet 7680. Does anyone know if this can do it? Looking at the HP website/manual it's not even clear what software is provided, let alone what features it has!

Thanks,

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?