Docking Station Power Adaptor

SAH 21:17 06 Aug 2009

Hello,

I recently bought a Docking Station for my HP Laptop but the Mains Lead which plugs into the Power Adaptor is only 2 pronged which suggests it is a European Connector. My question is would it be OK for me to just simply purchase a UK Power Lead and plug it in to the Mains Adaptor or is it possible that the Mains Adaptor itself is European, is there way of telling from the writing on it??

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me as I'm worried that I may damage my laptop if I attempt to connect it up to the Docking Station.

ambra4 02:41 07 Aug 2009

β€œIs there way of telling from the writing on it??”

What is the input voltage on the power supply unit 100-240V or 200-240V?

SAH 13:45 07 Aug 2009

Hello ambra4 I haven't got it in front of me at the moment I'll have to check - is one of those voltages European then?

ambra4 17:56 07 Aug 2009

If the input voltage on the power supply unit is 100-240V it can be used worldwide

If the input voltage on the power supply unit is 200-240V it can only be used in Countries that

have a 220V – 240V electrical supply

click here

SAH 12:18 08 Aug 2009

Hi ambra4, thanks for your advice, I found it really helpful, especially the link!!

I've had a look at the power supply and it says 100-240v so I think it will be OK, I've spoken to the supplier and they have also said that it would be safe to use in this country. They are going to credit me the cost of a 3 Pin lead which I will now buy myself.

Thanks again for your help ambra4 it was most appreciated!

ambra4 13:28 08 Aug 2009

Always glad to help

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017