this doc always wants to print 9 copies

palinka 16:19 08 Aug 2009

an annoying problem that I don't know how to cure: one document that I need to print out every few days has somehow set itself to print 9 copies every time instead of the normal default of a single copy . I can change it to 1, but I'd like to make this change permanent and i can't do that.
I've never needed 9 copies though I did choose to oprint 4 on one occasion.

Diemmess 17:24 08 Aug 2009

Just guessing, though I have from time to time had a document that would not play by the rules.

I assume from what you say this only happens with one particular "doc".
If so and particularly if it is not too complex, try saving it as RTF instead of DOC, use a new name for it too.

Better still save it as text only, but that may give you too much work reformatting to the original style afterwards.

Stronger medicine would be to copy and paste the narrative to a new document and then save it to a new name.

If this works don't forget to delete the original.

Sea Urchin 17:27 08 Aug 2009

Are we talking Word here? And is it just this one document that behaves in this way? If so, then try saving the document with a different name, and then try selecting Print.

Sea Urchin 17:27 08 Aug 2009

Sorry - cross-posted

palinka 10:06 09 Aug 2009

It's an excel spreadsheet ( sorry, should have said)mostly names, addresses and similar. Renaming didn't work but I've used Diemmess's suggestion about copy & paste and that's cured it. I've now remembered that this file was created by someone else & sent to me, so maybe the problem was in that person's formatting.
Anyway, solved now; thank you both.

octal 10:09 09 Aug 2009

I know you've solved it, but as a matter of interest I had the same problem, it turns out the I had put the boarders in on a large part of the spreadsheet, but removing the boarders on the empty boxes it cured the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?