Do You Want to Allow Microsoft Works Update Detect

SABRE 08:27 24 Nov 2003

Keep receiving the above message through Zone Alarm. Any ideas what I should do?

AubreyS 08:32 24 Nov 2003

Is this of any use to you?

click here

SABRE 09:07 24 Nov 2003

It would seem that by enabling the update, I could also be susceptible to a virus attack. Is it best not to allow?

AubreyS 09:17 24 Nov 2003

If it was me, I wouldn't allow.

bremner 09:23 24 Nov 2003

This no different than having your Anti Virus / Windows XP etc automatically look for updates.

The best advice as always is ensure your AV is up to date.

SABRE 09:46 24 Nov 2003

....are you saying that you would allow? This is where I find, as I am sure plenty of others do, things like ZoneAlarm so confusing. One party says bar, other parties say allow. Think I will stick to the safe bet and not allow.
I do have Norton fully up to date.
Thanks good people!!

Stuartli 11:15 24 Nov 2003

Programs that you use regularly to access the Internet can safely be enabled in ZoneAlarm.

You either have Works Update set to check on a regular basis or go to the website frequently to see if there are any; presumably you allow ZA to do this each time without making it a permanent arrangement.

That's why ZA keeps asking you if you wish to allow access.

If you have installed the security patch - if it is appropriate to your version of Works - then you will be OK.

SABRE 11:29 24 Nov 2003

....I don't have MS Works on the PC. I do have Office XP, so I presume that it must be something linked to that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?