Do you use PC Booster!

spuds 11:45 14 Apr 2006

Having obtained a cover disk of PC Booster click here and checking the installation details, I find that it commences to inform me that it wants to overwrite some programmes. Before giving the okay, I would like to know if this should be allowed, and no future problems will accure.

What do you think of PC Booster, and did it achieve its aim. Is it worth installing!.

spuds 16:22 15 Apr 2006

>>Bump<<

Stuartli 16:29 15 Apr 2006

I've never used the product but, as I had assumed, the website delivers the information that it basically optimises a range of configuration settings.

I can't see it "overwriting" programs as you suggest.

Tweaking systems to get the best out of them has been going on ever since the first one was built nearly 794 years ago....:-)

GaT7 16:37 15 Apr 2006

Sorry, but I don't believe in these things (I foolishly used to some years ago) - IMHO they're more of a gimmick than anything else.

If they do appear to help, they still aren't worth it as you probably could've made those tweaks yourself.

See some user reviews: click here & click here. G

GaT7 16:51 15 Apr 2006

More user reviews click here.

If you're using XP, here are free guides to help you optimise performance:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

HTH, G

spuds 18:23 15 Apr 2006

Thanks both for the comments and links.The cover disk was a recent issue from another computer magazine, and a PCA forum member mentioned that they were using the product. Lost that posting, hence the question.

I note in one link, that the reviewer mentioned that they had to reboot on three occasions before the programme settled down. After that, they seemed to give a good response!.

Ticked as resolved, for the time being!.

bluto1 23:01 15 Apr 2006

Yes, Iv`e got it installed and I wonder if, like a lot of other installations we do does it do any good? I have`nt noticed any improvement, great or small, since I installed it. It`s sitting in the information tray, occasionally flashing, so I don`t really know what it`s doing. My version also came from a cover disc.

spuds 10:11 16 Apr 2006

Thanks for the information bluto1. Did you find that on installation, messages of overwriting appeared!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?