do you need a free world clock?

stalion 23:18 08 Mar 2006
  ade.h 00:09 09 Mar 2006

For an online equivalent click here I keep the UK page bookmarked for adjusting the Windows clock.

bloo meeny 09:46 09 Mar 2006

Look in the download section there, and download their "Atomic Clock Sync" program. Free, unobtrusive and you'll never have to set the correct time again !!
I have all 3 options ticked under 'File' menu, and use the second 'time server' down (132.163.4.102)
I've used this program for years without any problems.

remind 09:55 09 Mar 2006

nice, foxclocks is also handy for firefox fans click here

ade.h 12:10 09 Mar 2006

Actually, that was my original reason for visiting that site via someone's recommendation, as the time servers that Micrsoft uses hardly ever accept a connection! That's one of those widely known but never cured Microsoft bugs.

However, the downloaded software took a huge dislike to my PC - this was about a year ago now, so it may have been improved - but I stuck to checking it about once a month or so and that's fine really.

Actually, none of my current PCs suffer from any gain or loss of time anyway. My previous motherboard BIOS used to drop time.

Audeal 14:55 09 Mar 2006

A small program to keep your computers clock Synchronized as you require. eg. Weekly, Daily, Hourly or as you wish. click here

stalion 19:46 09 Mar 2006

^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?