do I need regcure

redsusan 07:36 14 Feb 2008

Whilst running CCleaner, a prompt came up to install regcure. this i did and when i ran it, it came up with over 500 problems then asked me to pay to fix the problems.
Is this necessary or shall i leave well alone as PC is running fine at the moment.
Susan

^wave^ 08:39 14 Feb 2008

an old saying if its not broken dont fix it. leave well alone if its working

birdface 09:53 14 Feb 2008

Unless Reg cure is from the same Company as C cleaner i would be worried as to why it managed to get on your computer.I would run your security programs to find out why it got through.You never asked for it Delete it and run C Cleaner again just to make sure it is gone.If you want something else to help.Try Winaso Optimizer free.It only repairs 10 things at a time but you can run it as often as you like.it does an automatic back up and has a registry defrag with it as well.

birdface 09:54 14 Feb 2008

Oops forgot to post it.click here

sunny staines 11:19 14 Feb 2008

reg cure messed my pc up, go for a decent one which is free and cleans for free

winaso and eusing free reg cleaners are good deep reg scan cleaners

ccleaner is good for bsic scan and clean.

after a good reg clean use auslogics reg defrag [also free]

darrenrichie 12:52 14 Feb 2008

I agree with Buteman when he says that you should be suspicious of the pop up as in all my time of using ccleaner I have never experienced any pop ups asking me to install some other software. Ccleaner deals with your registry so why would it prompt you to install seperate software.
As wave says unless you are having issues with your computer then don't bother messing any more with your reg as this can cause more problems than cure them.
I would just keep using ccleaner but also do your usual AV and spyware scans just to make sure this regcure isn't a pest.

Arnie 18:59 14 Feb 2008

After CCleaner and other cleaners of this ilk have been used, compact the registry.

It works along the same lines as defragmenting a hard drive.
It doesn't change any of the registry keys and is completely safe to use.
I've been using it regularly for around six months.

After use, reboot your computer.

click here

Arnie.

supertechgeek 08:30 08 Apr 2008

Use Registry Cleaners carefully, backup before performing any cleaning, here are list of free registry cleaners for your reference:
click here

JasonZBell 04:19 06 May 2008

I have used RegCure for months with great success!

click here

Informed1 22:16 09 May 2008

Stick with CCleaner if you want a free registry cleaner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?