Do I need to reformat??

zeppman 17:25 06 Dec 2008

I am having various PC probs.No list for drivers showing in device manager,ATI driver brings up a message everytime I boot up saying it is either not working or not installed.When I try some updates I have had messages saying the windows update client is not working??
would a format be the best option instead of spending time sorting out all these problems.

Technotiger 17:41 06 Dec 2008

Assuming you are using XP and that you have your original XP disc, I would first try a Repair. or you could run scannow which is another way of doing a general repair, or you could re-install XP without doing a re-format. The choice is yours.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:07 06 Dec 2008

Personally I would bite the bullet and do a complete re-install. The amount of problems you have would overwhelm a repair.

G

zeppman 20:04 06 Dec 2008

I will put everything I want to save onto one of my other drives and do a clean install .will this sort the problem with Windows installer?

woodchip 20:11 06 Dec 2008

May not, as above I would try a Repair first. Start Computer with XP CD then choose Install it will look for any OS on your Drive when it finds XP click on it then Press R

AL47 20:22 06 Dec 2008

id reformat, it doesnt take many problems for me to do it, the more regularly u do it, the easier it is each time!

birdface 20:48 06 Dec 2008

Try this its free.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie