Do I need to change wireless settings for new ISP?

cyberphobic 12:52 04 May 2009

My mother in law is in her 80s and lives 150 miles away. I have set up a wireless network so that when any of her children or grandchildren visit, they can take their laptops and go online. Orinally the ISP was Tiscali and I set up a D-Link router modem which worked well. I then realised that because I have O2 mobiles I could get a much cheaper broadband deal with O2 which I have now done and the changeover has now been been completed. My wife is visiting next week and will have some work to complete online so my question is whether the wireless network settings are specific for each ISP so that I will have to re-enter O2 settings or should the network still work regardless? O2 have provided me with a new router/modem but presumably the D-Link will still be fine.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:22 04 May 2009

you just need to change the router settings (username and password) so the router will connect to O2 tutorial click here

the wireless settings that allow the laptops to connect to the router do not need to be changed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?