do i have web space?

LivEviL 22:47 03 Apr 2006

hey i have a my space, i want to make a flash mp3 player to put on it! i have everything i need except, the domain or space i need to put the mp3s on so i can put them on my mp3 player on my site

basicly the script is :

embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="click here" menu="false" quality="high" width="300" height="200" name="mp3player" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="click here" flashvars="&config=click here" wmode="transparent" border="0" />

but i dont have a server or a web space to up load these songs to!

im with Bt yahoo broadband! and a friend said they may have given me some web space! he also told me to go on dynDNS and get a domain name link thing!

also if i dont have this webspace is it not possible to like make one of my harddrives be like a server so the flash mp3 player just looks at the songs on my harddrive to play them?

LivEviL 22:50 03 Apr 2006

bugger the 'click here' things say src="click here. server. com /folder/mp3player.swf"

jgosden 18:48 04 Apr 2006

You may well have webspace provided by BT however i dont imagine you will be able to hook a domain to it ..

Running a server from your PC is one of the most tried and most failed things in websites. Theres far to many risks involved in my opionion its just not worth it.

I'm not saying this to advertise or anything but it may be of interest. I run a webhost at click here if your interested you can get yourself a package and a domain cheaply there.

However copyright is also a huge isssue with what you would like to do. If you own the sole rights to these files you'll be ok if not then your bound to get in bother !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?