Do any things like i-plate actually work?

AL47 11:24 08 Nov 2008

our internet runs at 60-70KBps download

it is constant but it is quite slow, we are far from the exchange and this is the problem, was just wondering if they do

Technotiger 11:26 08 Nov 2008

Yes, most definitely, but not for everyone. I have one and it increased my speed three-fold. I would advise you to get one.

Technotiger 11:28 08 Nov 2008

This is where I bought mine ... click here

FreeCell 11:49 08 Nov 2008

Works for some, but if you are already connecting to broadband through the master socket then possibly less effective.

See reviews of users in BroadbandBuyer and make your own mind up.
click here

Stuartli 12:01 08 Nov 2008

The i-Plate works in certain circumstances. BrodbandBuyer's website points out:

Please be aware of these instances of where the iPlate will have little or no effect, including:
- Where there is already an SSFP (Service Specific Front Plate) installed that separates the broadband and telephone signals
- Where the socket is a newly installed BT Openreach socket (with BT Openreach Logo)
- Where the line is newly installed, without the ringer wire included

Switcher 12:10 08 Nov 2008

Tried it and found no difference. Further investigation showed that bell wire had already been disconnected. I think that it is just a way of dsconnecting the bell wire at a cost of £10.00
Fair enough as it makes it simple to do.

AL47 13:41 08 Nov 2008

will have to look into this a bit more

Graham. 14:59 08 Nov 2008

If you are on broadband, you have filters fitted. The ring components are in the filters. So pull off the bell wires in the master socket for free.

Stuartli 15:13 08 Nov 2008

Guidance on removing the bell wires (if necessary):

click here

reddwarfcrew 09:57 09 Nov 2008

If you have a new style BT master socket, then take off the faceplate and plug your router into the TEST socket. If you get an improvement, then get an i-plate.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie