do all these programs need to b running

blueforever 19:02 17 Jan 2008

i rebooted my pc after it was very slow running everything was great internet very fast but gradully it has become slow again do i need all programs running my process list seems endless how do i know which progs have to run and which dont i would imagine anything with system at the side needs to run but some have local service at the side do these need to run and some have my name do these have to run r not please help dont want to reboot again thanks a lot

Totally-braindead 19:22 17 Jan 2008

Click on your operating system click here for info on speeding things up using MSCONFIG amongst others.

One word of warning. If you do alter anything please write down whatever you disable, that way if there is a problem you start in safe mode and retick anything you have disabled. I only mention this because if you untick the wrong box then you could stop windows from running. And if this happens be sure you know how to get into safe mode and be sure you know which ones to retick.

Clapton is God 20:08 17 Jan 2008

This will help you to decide which processes/programs you can safely disable using msconfig click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017