DNS ip address

james66 16:48 19 Jan 2007

How do i find my named server ip address.
I'm with PIPEX ADSL.I'm trying to setup a static ip for port forwarding.
When i look in my router set up it just shows that it is automatic from my isp

fitshase 19:51 19 Jan 2007

Your ISP will allocate you an IP address when you connect.

Normally, to get a static IP address you will have to pay extra. I would suggest you contact Pipex.

james66 10:01 20 Jan 2007

I understand what you are saying and i know i can buy a static ip address from pipex,but i don't actually need an external static ip.What i'm trying to do is completely different.I only need the domain name server (DNS)ip address, then i can assign a static ip address on my router to enable port forwarding.
I just thought somebody on the forum might know the Pipex domain name server ip address.
Thanks.

postie24 12:35 20 Jan 2007
  james66 13:23 20 Jan 2007

As i've said postie thats not what i'm after but thanks for your input.
It's only to configure my router that i need the DNS IP address.

james66 11:41 21 Jan 2007

Thanks ,but I've already tried that .
The DNS is listed but it's got the same ip address as the Default gateway address.
That will be because my router is acting as a proxy between the Domain Name Server and my computer

rodriguez 11:45 21 Jan 2007

With some ISPs, typing in ipconfig /all in the Command Prompt will just return the router's IP address as the DNS (eg. 192.168.1.1) which won't be the real DNS address. However on most router's it will be in the status page or another page that shows the IP addresses - click here. If you post the make and model of the router, I can try and find out where it's hiding.

rodriguez 11:56 21 Jan 2007

Actually I think I've found the DNS addresses for Pipex:

Primary - 212.103.224.51
Secondary - 212.103.224.52

Taken from click here under "Q1 I can't get a connection?".

james66 23:12 21 Jan 2007

Thanks to all but i may have found what i'm looking for.
This also might be usefull for anybody else looking for DNS ip address's for ADSL,and there is a lot of other usefull stuff on the site.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?