DLL Error

Toria 23:06 14 Nov 2011

Good Evening,

I keep on getting the following come up, even when logging on to the computer, I have to keep clicking OK, OK, ok.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PAVWAIT.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please check against your installation diskette

Why has this started to happen and how do I fix it?

birdface 23:19 14 Nov 2011

Looks like it is something to do with Panda anti virus if you have that installed.

iscanut 23:25 14 Nov 2011

Have you had Panda Anti Virus on your machine and uninstalled it ? If so, try Revo Unistaller http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Revo-Uninstaller.shtml to see if that helps remove any old traces of the program. If you are still using Panda, uninstall it anyway and try a fresh install and see if that helps.

Toria 14:56 19 Nov 2011

Good Afternoon,

In response to my DLL Error, I do not have Panda installed on my computer I have AVG, so that can't be the problem can it? I do have the link that was sent to me but as I have got Panda I haven't used it - should I use that link, is there something else I need to do?

iscanut 15:50 19 Nov 2011

Have you tried Revo just to make sure there is nothing related to panda on your pc just in case ? Other than that, not sure as I thought the DLL referred to something to do with Panda.

iscanut 15:53 19 Nov 2011

I have googled your error message and there are several items that seem to relate to Panda. Have a look at this uninstaller as it would not hurt to run it although if you are sure you have never installed Panda AV then you may not feel inclined to do so.

http://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/support/card?id=70018&idIdioma=2

Toria 16:51 03 Dec 2011

Thank you, the problem seems to be sorted, I am no longer getting any DLL Error come up. I am not sure how to close this Post to say it is completed. Many thanks, I think it was actually the Panda link that did the trick, I did also reinstall AVG again, so maybe that also helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?