DLL

jerica 09:45 04 Dec 2010

Hi, every time I start up I get Two boxes saying error loading. One says D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll the specified module could not be found, and the other says the same but it's the \NvCpl.dll that was missing. Thoguht it was something to do with my Nvidia drivers and tried re-installing them but it failed to install. Everything seems to be running OK but I want to get these things fixed. Any ideas?

chub_tor 10:21 04 Dec 2010

Try running msconfig and look in the Start Up box to see if those two items are ticked. If so untick them - if all is running well then you should have no problem

jerica 15:56 04 Dec 2010

Well that got rid of the McTray one but not the other.

chub_tor 20:35 04 Dec 2010

Then you could try just unregistering it This works as well, typed from Start>Run:

regsvr32 /u nvcpl.dll

Note the spaces, set a Restore Point first just in case this does not work.

jerica 12:55 06 Dec 2010

OK, when I tried run and then pressed OK I got Load Library (nvcpl.dll)failed. The specified module could not be found. Any Ideas what that means?

KremmenUK 14:26 06 Dec 2010

That backs up the initial problem that nvcpl.dll doesn't exist.

That is an NVidia dll so I assume you have or had an NVidia graphics card.

If you have it then consider downloading the driver(s) again or looking for NVidia in MsConfig and stopping it from starting.

chub_tor 14:27 06 Dec 2010

nvcpl is for the NVidia Control Panel icon and its associated activities. It has either not installed correctly or has been corrupted. I would download the latest drivers for your card into a file where you know where they are, then boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the existing drivers. Install the new driver from the file you made and re-boot. See if that fixes it.

jerica 15:04 06 Dec 2010

OK, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted and then downloaded and re-installed, problem solved, thanks for the help.

chub_tor 19:08 06 Dec 2010

Good news, you can tick as resolved then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?