dlink dwl g520 vista driver

djmr.mel 19:50 11 May 2007

Hi, I'm having a problems with the latest vista driver for my dlink dwl g520 wireless adapter! During install the pc freezes & I have to reboot in safe mode without networking and roll back the driver. The wireless card works fine with my xp and media boot. The driver that vista has auto assigned works but says it's running at 54mbps not 108mbps and the signal is fair (In xp it's 108mbps and signal is excellent) Oh and the driver vista has assigned is an atheros one. Any ideas??

setecio 20:41 11 May 2007

Disable IPv6 in the wireless adapter/connection properties.

djmr.mel 22:50 11 May 2007

hi setecio, am afraid that didn't work! disabled all the additions of the new driver as well except main driver. If you have any further ideas I am ready to try!!!! coz I am stumpted and miffed off!!

Ashrich 23:08 11 May 2007

Atheros is the chipset manufacturer , what revision is the card , it will be on the back with the other information ( rev. * ) or something like that . although if it is running at 108mb/s under XP it is probably a rev.b3 card , in which case it will have the AR5213 chipset , if that is the case click here for the 32/64 bit Atheros drivers , you should be able to adjust speed in the wireless cards properties in Device Manager .

Ashley

Ashrich 23:12 11 May 2007

Forgot to say , this is an Atheros Czech site , but it has English as well , you'll see a big list of wireless cards and chipsets , just click " download "and it will start . Uninstall the software drivers for you card the load the new ones and let Vista manage your connection .

Ashley

djmr.mel 11:45 12 May 2007

Hi, none of that has worked either, one thing I discovered is that when booting in safe mode with networking the pc didn't freeze but only local connection to router obviously, which makes me wonder where the conflict is! which driver didn't start in safe mode to cause the normal lock up/freeze? Hmmmm any suggestions?

Ashrich 21:35 12 May 2007

Have you been into the wireless cards properties in Device manager anyway ? look under " advanced " and see if it will allow something like " turbo mode , G+ extended range " that sort of thing , it may already be there without the need for a new driver .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?