Division Sign

  Dirty Dick 11:26 15 Feb 2007

Is there any way of putting the division sign (a dash with a dot above and a dot below) into either a Word or Excel document, instead of using the forward slash?



  rdave13 11:31 15 Feb 2007

Try pressing Alt and typing 0247 on the numeric keypad.

  Aargh 11:54 15 Feb 2007

Click on the toolbar


Scroll down and find Microsoft Equation 3.0

You then have a selection of every mathematical symbol you need.

For a lower level of symbols select


This gives you other alphabet and different characters.

Depending on what installation of Word you are using, you may need to go to the MS Office homepage and download the addons.

  2neat 12:26 15 Feb 2007

Rdave13 has the answer. Tick the box.

  Dirty Dick 12:56 15 Feb 2007

Sorry 2neat,Can't tick the box as Rdave's solution won't work. I am running on a laptop with no numeric pad on the right. To activate the numeric keys on the keyboard, I have to press a blue function key, but then nothing happens when I press the Alt key with numbers.

Aargh - Thanx , have tried your way , and that works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?