Dissconect and connect

roygbiv 12:48 23 Aug 2003

Since cureing the Blaster virus, i have oticed that when i dissconect from the internet, i get a re-dial window coming up and i have to click cancel to get it to go. If i wasnt in front the computer to do this it will reconnect and i wouldnt know about it !!. Has something Happened ?? PS XP home. Alan.

xania 20:28 23 Aug 2003

The first thing to do is mke sure that the <Connect automatically> option on your dial-up box is not checked - that way, if this continues to happen, at least you will not reconnect.

Have you noticed whether IE or OE actually re-opens. If not, it would seem that some other software is trying to connect.

PLeae report back and we'll take it from there.

roygbiv 09:25 25 Aug 2003

xania
Thanks will try sometime today. Alan

roygbiv 17:37 25 Aug 2003

I was following directions, and i took outa tick from "Redial if Line is Dropped", So far So good. It seems to of solved the problem.

I seem to remember doing a System restore around that time , maybe that restored the "tick" for some reason. Alan

roygbiv 09:36 30 Aug 2003

With some thought (it took me a while) i think it might have something to do with Windows update.
The update ballon has started to pop up, at the time this problem started to happen. Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?