Displays no image

el geeko 20:06 14 Sep 2007

I've just got a new pc and i was adjusting the resolution settings on control panel and i acceidently saved and restarted by pressing a hotkey on my shiny new keyboard. Anyway i now have no idea what to do as the monitor can't display the screen for my to change it back. Any help??

mrwoowoo 21:25 14 Sep 2007

Can you try a system restore to the previous day?

skidzy 22:02 14 Sep 2007

Boot into safemode and try system restore.
Tapping F8 on startup should get you into safemode.

Peachy boy 22:28 14 Sep 2007

do you have onboard graphics or a gpu

woodchip 22:45 14 Sep 2007

As above keep pressing F5 or F8 to get to safe mode then change it to the correct resolution. You cannot play much with a LCD monitor

el geeko 08:38 15 Sep 2007

problem is only just got the pc that day but i'll give it a go. I've tried changing the reselution in safe mode but doesn't seem to stick. Is there any way to change the screen flicker in safe mode cos i think that maybe the problem.

birdface 09:31 15 Sep 2007

Have you tried Last good configuration in safe mode.

birdface 09:36 15 Sep 2007

Go into Device Manager and see if there is any yellow exclamation marks on any of your processes.

Peachy boy 22:38 15 Sep 2007

do you have onboard graphics or a gpu

Ashrich 22:45 15 Sep 2007

I hope this isn't a TFT monitor as they don't flicker , and if your one is , something isn't right ....you can't change the refresh in safe mode because the drivers for the graphics card don't load , you only get a basic Microsoft one to give you a display , boot into safe mode and un-install the graphics card drivers , then reboot and reload them , that should take you back to square one .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017