Displaying "Contacts" in Windows Mail?

Simsy 09:46 21 Aug 2008

Folks,

in Outlook Express it's possible to have contacts displayed below the folders in the left hand pane. It's useful to have that becasue a single click can initiate sending an email to the contact...

I can't see a way to do this in Windows Mail. Am I missing something, or is it not possible? "Contacts" isn't one of the tickable options under View>Layout.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

BurrWalnut 13:55 21 Aug 2008

Sadly, the Contact list has been removed in Windows Mail.

You could put the Contacts in the Sidebar, via the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Sidebar then add the Contacts gadget by clicking the plus sign at the top. Now click on the Contacts ‘shaded’ box and drag it to the Desktop to give a bigger and better display as an ‘open book‘.

To compose an email, scroll down the left page of the Contacts and click on the person you want then click on their email address in the right page to open the New Message dialogue.

chub_tor 15:08 21 Aug 2008

Windows Live Mail has a button to access Contacts on the left hand side and it brings them up in a separate window.

Simsy 15:23 21 Aug 2008

I'm not missing anything then!

Bit of a backward step if you ask me!

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie