Display USERFORM with updated text ...

Heefie 17:31 24 Dec 2004

I'm writing an EXCEL VBA module and am trying to use a USERFORM to display Error Messages.

The USERFORM is called FormErrorMessage and it contains a single TEXTBOX, called TxtErrorMessage, and an OK key.

If I put a value, 'XXX' for example into the VALUE field while in Design Mode, the 'XXX' value displays in the TEXTBOX as I'd expect.

So, in my module, if I code :

If MySession > "" Then
TxtErrorMessage = "You have an error"
FormErrorMessage.Show
End
End If

or

If MySession > "" Then
TxtErrorMessage.Value = "You have an error"
FormErrorMessage.Show
End
End If

Why do I get nothing in the TEXTBOX ?!?!

Do I have to refresh the USERFORM data or something ... this is so frustrating !!!!!!

VoG II 18:03 24 Dec 2004

A TextBox is meant to get information from the user into the program, not the other way round.

You would be better off adding a Label (The A button). you can then change the label programatically e.g.

UserFirm1.Label1.Caption = "Heelp - Error"

However I prefer using MsgBoxes to display error messages:

============

If Not Liquid And Not Life Then

Response = MsgBox(Title:="Product is Solid with >1 year life", prompt:="Perform ERA?", Buttons:=vbQuestion + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2)

If Response = vbNo Then Exit Sub

End If

=============

MsgBox prompt:="Missing product name: Abort", Title:="Output sheet validation", Buttons:=vbCritical

=========================

If Not CASOK Then

Beep

MsgBox prompt:="Invalid CAS Number: " & CASNo, Title:="CAS Number validation", Buttons:=vbExclamation

End If

Heefie 18:09 24 Dec 2004

Another thing I've learned today !!!

I did think this seemed a long winded way of outputting an error message, thanks for that VoG™ ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?