Display resolution

Bad_Boy1022 20:47 28 Jan 2009

Hi

need some help from the Pro

I have three 22 inch widescreen monitors. suddenly when I boot up one of the monitor is no longer a generic pnp monitor, now it's a non-pnp generic. They are all the same brand, and the other display are at 1680X1050 resolution, and the non generic one is at 1600 X 1200. I have tried but there's no option to go back to 1680 X 1050, as it's on non pnp.

My 2 graphic cards are the Nvidia FX 1400. It was working well since november.

Any solution will be much appreciated.

Cheers

BB

Woolwell 22:39 28 Jan 2009

OS? Make of monitor?

Try disconnect and reconnect but you may need to install the inf file for the monitor. Also swop the connections around and see if the fault occurs on any of the other monitors.

Bad_Boy1022 18:10 29 Jan 2009

Hi woolwell

Os Vista 32 bits ultimate
monitors Hannsg 216 DP

Fraphic cards Nvidia Qauttro FX 1400, dual dvi

I have interchanged the screens from the output from the graphics cards as you suggested, now 2 of the screens are going 1600 X 1200, instead of 1680 X 1050, and now both are non-pnp generic, earlier before that test only one was non-pnp montoir. I have the monitors drivers, but it's telling me the Nvidia driver are the lastest.

BB

send an email to Woolwell Woolwell

Wed, 28/01/09@22:39

OS? Make of monitor?

Try disconnect and reconnect but you may need to install the inf file for the monitor. Also swop the connections around and see if the fault occurs on any of the other monitors.

Woolwell 22:47 29 Jan 2009

Can you confirm that you are connecting by VGA as the monitor seems to have VGA or HDMI but not DVI?

You may need to install the monitor driver click here

Have you tried a system restore to before the problem began?

Bad_Boy1022 09:11 30 Jan 2009

Hello Woolwell

They are all connected with to DVI ports. They all have VGA to dvi adapters. I have tried to install the monitors drivers, but it's saying the NVidia are the latest drivers for these monitors

Today one of the monitor retunr back to 1680 X 1050 for no reason. The original monitor which the problem started, the problem still persists.

display setting

Monitors

1. Hannstar HG216 on Nvidia QuaDRO FX 1400
2. Generic Non-pnp on NVIDAI QAUDRO FX 1400
3. Hannstar HG216 on Nvidia QuaDRO FX 1400

monitors 1 and 2 are on the same graphic card, but one is being displayed at 1690 X1200 instead of 1680 x 1050.

Can you confirm that you are connecting by VGA as the monitor seems to have VGA or HDMI but not DVI?

You may need to install the monitor driver click here

Have you tried a system restore to before the problem began?

Woolwell 09:45 30 Jan 2009

I don't think that it is the NVidia driver that you need. The problem is that your system is not properly recognising your monitors and cannot sort out the correct resolution. It is likely that if you had connected by DVI to DVI then this problem would not have arisen but you are using a DVI adaptor and are in effect connecting by VGA.
Try installing the Hannsg monitor driver which you can find by going to click here and then selecting downloads, LCD monitor, 22" wide and then under HG216DP download the driver.

woodchip 09:52 30 Jan 2009

Will it load the Old Drivers? can you Force it?

Bad_Boy1022 09:53 30 Jan 2009

HI

Thanks again

When I am trying to use the Hannsg drivers and update, then i get this message

"the best driver software for device is already installed

windows has determined the driver soft for your device is up to date

generic non-pnp monitors"

woodchip 09:55 30 Jan 2009

I think you will find that Vista is loading Modified Display Drivers from inf folder, Instead of your NV card drivers. if the inf one was removed it should change to the old drivers, but it is a long list and you need to know what you are looking for

woodchip 10:26 30 Jan 2009

Have you tried loading Generic Drivers in Display Properties, In Windows Safe Mode? in Safe Mode just right click Desktop\Properties\Settings\Advanced\monitor then choose from list

Bad_Boy1022 11:54 30 Jan 2009

HI Woodchip

this did not work too in safe mode too. I have google around, a few links said, a new install of vista? I am dreading that, but nevertheless, I have a copy of Vista 64 bits ultimate, so may as well upgrade. I tried to upgrade a few month ago, but one of my dimm was faulty, and the dell engineer just found this fault last week. It's a bit of bummer.

The thing is when woolwel, suggested me to interchange the cable, 2 of the monitirs became non-pnp and I could not go to widescreen resolution. After I boot up a few times, windows allowed me to change one of the monitors back to 1680 x 1050, the original fault is not being solved though, even both monitors are the same and from the same graphic card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?