Display problems

Litebulbs 11:05 14 Feb 2005

Hi

I have a DELL lattitude 800 notebook and almost from ownership, I have had a flickering display problem. It was there when ME was the OS and is still there with XP p. After startup, no probs but when I open a window, I get a rainbow effect smudge on the upper righthand corner of the window. If the window is for a web page and their is animation running on the window, the smudge gets wider. On certain pages, the whole screen starts to flicker and if I am on full screen with the window, the lower half of the screen becomes unreadable(blacked out) with a random screen flicker. If I resize the window the flickering reduces as the size gets smaller. When I have only a very small flicker 1-2 Hz, and I drag the window around the desktop, the flicker goes, until I move it back to roughly where I started from. I have upgraded the OS, video driver, BIOS and still have the problem.

Help please!!

curlylad 11:37 14 Feb 2005

Have you tried reducing the refresh rate ?

Click a clear area of the desktop , right click and choose properties , click settings tab then advanced button , click monitor tab and under Monitor Settings click the drop down box and select 60Hz.I would also check the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" button , click apply , click OK.

Try this and see how you go !

Litebulbs 12:41 14 Feb 2005

Curlylad

The refresh rate is set to 60Hz, but I will give the other idea a go tonite and will let you know.

Thanx

FelixTCat 14:54 14 Feb 2005

How old is the laptop? If it is under warranty, get it repaired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?