A display problem

steffano 10:01 12 Feb 2006

For some reason, I know not why, my taskbar at the bottom of the screen (and some of the bordering on My Documents, My Files etc) have changed colour from blue to a buff colour. I cannot restore the usual blue. I have tried system restore and drive C properties - tools for a system check and for the check to deal with bad sectors etc. This has not resolved the problem. Any ideas?

quack 10:06 12 Feb 2006

Right click on a blank area any where on your desktop. Go to properties>appearance and select advanced you can then change your colour by using the dropdown arrow alongside the colour box.

steffano 18:48 12 Feb 2006

I had already done that but unfortunately it didnt work. in fact when I went to appearance and advanced, the colour was already set. I reset it but it still didnt work. Thanks for trying. I think I have picked up a corruption somewhere. A friend of mine thinks I have two applications running at the same time but I cant imagine what the other might be but in any event the start button and the taskbar remains buff. Taskbars at the top of the screen remain the original blue but the peripheral stuff is either white or buff

Skyver 18:51 12 Feb 2006

What version of Windows? If XP, are there any themes installed?

steffano 21:26 12 Feb 2006

Skyver. Windows XP. I havnt installed any Themes knowingly. I use Flight Simulator `A Century of Flight` and download quite a bit of scenery and some aircraft. This problem seems to have started after installing some scenery and an aircraft but I cant narrow anything specific down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?