Display Problem

HUFFYGV 22:12 28 Mar 2004

I have a Viglen Envy.17ES (CRT) monitor that I bought second-hand as part of computer system, but with no manuals etc.. Problem is that the display (or picture) wanders, changes size etc. I have been able to correct it using the OSD but it doesn't seem to save the settings, so every now & then it keeps happening. The Viglen website doesn't show any info, cos' the monitor is now about 9 years old! Can anyone help?

Diodorus Siculus 23:12 28 Mar 2004

Can't be sure, but I would have thought that this is the sign that monitor wishes to be put out to pasture while awaing the big recycler in the sky. :=}

HUFFYGV 09:04 29 Mar 2004

Diodorus Siculus - Thanks for reply. I thought as much myself, but one can hope! Anyway, 9 years is a good life eh! Now looking at TFT LCD monitors, at least 17" - anyone got any recommendations for relatively cheap one? Should I look for one with DIV to ensure future compatability?

Djohn 09:25 29 Mar 2004

I have an AOC 17" TFT excellent quality and value for money. If you do a search (Try PC Direct)should be able to pick one up for around £240.00.

FE bought the 19" version last week and is very pleased with it. j.

HUFFYGV 10:34 29 Mar 2004

Djohn
Thanks for info - will follow that up. It's good to follow a personal recommendation. Thanks again.
What a great site!

Djohn 11:01 29 Mar 2004

click here and scroll down to the post from FE on Sat. 6th. timed 17:47 for his opinion on the AOC. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?