display options

geedad 09:47 05 Feb 2009

I have been playing around with display colour combinations, and I thought I had found the best mix. However, where previously my mail text would dim after being read, it no longer does.
It was useful, since I could see immediately where I had left off. It now stays the same, and I have to rely on dates to get back to my last readings. Not the end of the world, you may think, but it was useful.
Anyone any ideas, please?
geedad

MAJ 12:50 05 Feb 2009

Which email client and operating system are you using, geedad?

geedad 13:59 05 Feb 2009

MAJ
I am using OE version 6, My ISP is ntlworld.com, and my OS is Windows XP Sp2.
Thanks for your response.
geedad

MAJ 18:32 05 Feb 2009

Have you checked the option in OE, under Tools > Options > Read tab (if I remember correctly), that says something like "Mark Messages as Read after....." so many seconds?

geedad 20:13 05 Feb 2009

MAJ
No!
I will try it and come back ASAP!
geedad

geedad 20:26 05 Feb 2009

MAJ
No! It didn't work!
geedad

geedad 11:51 06 Feb 2009

MAJ
Well!
Having gone back to the drawing board, I have played around with various colour themes, and now I can see the "read" email messages!
It seems that I must have chosen a number of different colour combinations that resulted in the "read" emails taking up the same colour as the "unread". All is now OK, and thank you very much for your input.
geedad

DieSse 11:54 06 Feb 2009

"Unread" emails in most email clients (eg Outlook Express, Thunderbird) are in bold - not a different colour.

geedad 23:09 06 Feb 2009

DieSse
I never knew that the font in unread emails was bold, and thanks for informing me.However, it cannot alter the fact that due to my changing various colour combinations, the font did not change from bold to 'normal' when the emails were read,even with this option ticked.I am, for obvious reasons, rather loathe to check back on the previous colour combinations that I used, but I think at the time the font was jet black, with a bright white background, but I can't be sure now. Perhaps someone could experiment to see if they experience the same situation.
geedad

MAJ 23:14 06 Feb 2009

"the font was jet black, with a bright white background"

It sounds like a high contrast font used for operators with impaired vision, eitherway, I'm glad you got it sorted, geedad.

DieSse 23:21 06 Feb 2009

The font I was talking about is the font used to display the subject, to/from etc. Not the actual email body. Apologies for not making that clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?