Display driver for Toshiba EQUIUM M40x-230

pj1664 16:49 12 Jan 2010

Can anyone help me with the driver for the above, I have been to Toshiba and no such driver. I have look on the net and cant find it either, perhaps I m not looking in the right places.
Thanks.

GaT7 17:23 12 Jan 2010

You can get them from here click here.

If you know what graphics model is installed you can also get the latest from ATI/nVidia sites. G

pj1664 21:49 12 Jan 2010

Hi Crossbow7, Thanks for the site, I dont know how you did it cos I naver came accross the site in all my serchers. I managed to get I driver but when I try to install it I get a message "Setup cannot proceed because the length of the specified directory path plus the insallation folder name exceeds 95 characters. Please shorten one or both the specified limit and try again". How do I do this?

Sea Urchin 22:13 12 Jan 2010

Where are you downloading the driver/s to before installing? Try downloading again and change the destination to your C drive (C:\) and run the installation from there.

Sea Urchin 22:13 12 Jan 2010

Snap

GaT7 22:20 12 Jan 2010

Place the downloaded file in the root folder (usually C:) & then try running it from there. You can move it to a more appropriate location later if needed.

It took me a while to find it. G

GaT7 22:23 12 Jan 2010

My system time is showing 22:13 but my previous post only registered at 22:20. The forum time bug hasn't gone away! G

pj1664 23:26 12 Jan 2010

Ok I have done what was asked installled the driver but I get a red horizantal screen with fine line of black and red and then the dreded blue screen for 2 seconds and then it prompts me to start in safe mode.
At the moment without the driver my screen shows fine red and black lines vertically bit my desktp and computer works. The display setting are at 32bit high colour at 1024 x 768 pixal and divice manager shows display driver missing. so confused not knowing what to do.

GaT7 15:39 13 Jan 2010

I notice there are 2 drivers offered for 'Display Driver' at Toshiba - ATI & Intel. Which one did you install, & did you choose the correct one for your OS?

Do you know what graphics is in the laptop? If not, download & run the free standalone version of SIW click here. Click on Video (under Hardware) in the left pane. What does it say in the right pane? G

T0SH 18:00 13 Jan 2010

Did anyone send you here to the Toshiba site

click here

Cheers HC

GaT7 18:07 13 Jan 2010

T0SH, my initial post has a direct link to the Equium M40X driver downloads at Toshiba Europe :-). You may need to refresh your browser if it doesn't work the first time. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017