Display driver nvlddmkm has stopped and has succes

Fleetblue 10:47 24 Jan 2010

"Display driver nvlddmkm has stopped and has successfully restarted".

I've posted on this before and since then I've been on many sites and discovered this problem appears to be widespread. Also there appears to be no definitive answer. Some methods work for some, others for others. None that I have tried have worked for me. Now as far as being computer literate goes I'm not too well advanced, and I'm afraid the info given on many, if not all, of the sites I've browsed has been frankly incomprehensible. Some posts say this is a hardware issue, others it's to do with the TDR on Vista, others it's a graphic card problem caused by NVIDIA cards. It's overclocking?, overheating?, CPSU?, etc etc. I'm at a total loss.What I can tell you is that my OS is Windows Vista 32 bit. I have an NVIDIA Graphics Card 8800 GT. MY CPU1 fluctuates between 87 and 100%. My CPU2 between 80 and 100%. My Memory Usage is 58%. (All these figures courtesy of NVIDIA System Monitor). If anyone can help, or at least cut through the jargon, I would be most grateful.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:13 24 Jan 2010

I assume that you have read this... click here

G

Fleetblue 11:35 24 Jan 2010

Yes thanks Gandalf I've read all of this as well as every other site I can find. I suppose I'm hoping that one of these days someone, Microsoft, NVIDIA or a PC genius will say download this and all will be well. Hope springs eternal....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache