Diskeeper Lite free

Cesare 15:31 25 Nov 2006

Since I made an incremental update of my backup with Acronis in my external hard drive I keeep getting this window from Diskeeper Lite free every few seconds.
Scanfat: Scan aborted. Fatal error. File:\\?\E:\autorun|My backup5.tib
What can I do to stop this please without uninstalling Diskeeper or unplugging the external HD ?

Terry Brown 15:35 25 Nov 2006

It sounds like diskeeper lite has a log file problem, can you clear the log file?, otherwise if you still have the diskeeper program, try re-installing it.

anskyber 15:36 25 Nov 2006

It looks like you may have had a defrag going on the external HDD when you did the Acronis update.

I faced a similar problem and I have chosen to not include the external in the defrag regime. The key is to do a defrag just before you do an image.

If I were you I would run the defrag on your C drive then re image the whole disc the delete the previous images.

Cesare 15:52 25 Nov 2006

OK I will try that, thank you.

Cesare 16:11 25 Nov 2006

Is there a way to stop Diskeeper from analysing the external HD ?

anskyber 16:25 25 Nov 2006

It should show up in the list of volumes to defrag when you switch the external HDD on. Then deselect it from defrag.

Cesare 17:05 25 Nov 2006

I did as you said. Defragd and made a new image of the whole C drive & deleted the previous ones.
Seems OK now Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?