Diskeeper install Problem error 1714

zeppman 20:16 26 May 2009

I am trying to install diskeeper 13 and I am getting an error message 1714 saying the older version cannot be removed.I have tried to search for all traces in the registry and delete but this has not worked.Does anyone have any ideas.

MAT ALAN 20:22 26 May 2009

click here

this may help...

zeppman 20:31 26 May 2009

I have tried this app but diskeeper is not on the list :-(

phono 20:46 26 May 2009

Try Revo Uninstaller, download from click here install, run and follow on screen prompts.

zeppman 21:03 26 May 2009

Still no luck Revo did not show the old version.Which has been deleted

zeppman 21:39 26 May 2009

The main problem Is that the old version has been deleted and not showing in any registry search but for some reason I am getting this error.I cant find anything to delete?

MAT ALAN 21:42 26 May 2009

click here

i have used this prog...

type your keywords (diskeeper) into this and delete what you find...

phono 22:25 26 May 2009

Try running the Windows Installer cleanup tool again and check if there is now an entry for Diskeeper there now, if so, have the tool remove it, reboot if requested and now try reinstalling Diskeeper 13.

zeppman 22:53 26 May 2009

I have ran It again still no sign of any diskeeper.Still getting error 1714

phono 23:02 26 May 2009

From several sites it would appear that this problem is related to an installer database corruption and the MS answer is to use the Installer Cleanup Utility, not much use if it doesn't work though.

I did see one person who stated that there was a blank entry, or one with odd characters, he couldn't remember which, but he let the Installer Cleanup tool do its thing on that entry anyway and apparently all his installation problems were sorted.

Incidentally, any app can throw up the 1714 error, it is not limited to Diskeeper.

zeppman 23:07 26 May 2009

True I have seen this prob with adobe reader in forums

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?