Diskeeper 7.0

Baslla321 15:00 16 Aug 2003

I tried the above disk defrac but it slowed my computer immensely when it came active. I have Win 98 350MHZ and although I uninstalled it from Control Panel ADD/REMOVE I still see its name when my computer starts and is loading. I wonder if anyone has had the same experience? Is there a free defrac about. My Windows defrac is so SLOW and now also Nortons which either stops half way or takes ages.

hugh-265156 15:10 16 Aug 2003

defrag in safe mode.the reason it restarts is due to programs running in the background.

tap F8 as the computer starts to enter safe mode.

hugh-265156 15:20 16 Aug 2003

ps.did you uninstall diskeeper using add remove programs?could be a diskeeper service left active at windows start up.
click start and click run and type msconfig.click on the start up tab top right and untick any reference to diskeeper and restart the computer.this will stop it loading.

next click start and click search or find.type diskeeper and delete any folders it finds.

next click start click run and type regedit.clcik on my computer and click file and click export(this will save a copy of your registry)next click edit/find and search for diskeeper here and delete only the things it finds,tap F3 after deleting each reference untill it says finished searching the reg.

restart your computer.

if it goes wrong just click the reg back up you saved to restore the reg.

Baslla321 11:37 17 Aug 2003

Thanks for your help! Will try safe mode but the next re uninstalling remnants seem a bit daunting for a newbie!!
Rgds!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017