diskeeper 10 on windows xp(sp2)

nickhurl 23:41 14 Aug 2006

I installed Diskeeper 10 pro on my HP notebook about 3 weeks ago. Initially it was excellent, then I tried to use the 'set it and forget it' utility.
All seemed well. I set the program to run a master file defrag at next manual boot time. The program then asked and recommended that the check disk(chkdsk) utility be run prior to the defrag, so I selected 'yes' and switched off the pc then restarted it.

Nothing happened except the standard start-up as normal. I logged in to my administrator access and ran through the diskeeper settings again. This time I tried setting the timer facility with the same parameters as before.
Again I switched off the pc. Again nothing happened.
I then tried to run a manual 'analyze & defrag'. Thats when the problems revealed themselves.

Firstly, the message came up 'chkdsk has been scheduled to run at next boot-up, A & D cannot be run manually at this time'.

Several more attempts later, I tried the windows xp defrag only to find it has disappeared along with the rest of the systems disc cleaner and other items from the accessories list.

What have I done wrong with diskeeper and how do I get my accessories back where they belong in xp?

Any help greatly appreciated

johnnyrocker 23:47 14 Aug 2006

system restore prior to the issues? and try again

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?