"Disk is write-protected: remove write protectio"?

Antonio Machado 13:11 04 Nov 2009

Hello experts !

I use everyday a SD card to handle the pictures of my Digital Frame, but this morning when I wanted to delete all the pictures I have in that SD card it did appear this message "Error deleting file or folder. Cannot delete pictures. The disk is write-protected. Remove the protection or use another disk".

It is the first time I see something like that, I have no protected the file or folder or disk, nothing.

What could I do ?

Thanks in advance for your help. Best, Antonio.

GaT7 13:31 04 Nov 2009

Connect the SD card to your PC via the card reader, & use something like Unlocker click here. G

BurrWalnut 13:36 04 Nov 2009

Here are a few things to try:
1. Unlikely, but this can be caused by malware, are you sure your machine is clean?
2. Plug in your device, right-click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management then right-click the graphic icon of the device and select Change Drive letter, then change it to one nearer the end of the alphabet.
3. Change these registry keys but create a system restore point first, just in case you have problems. Note that the keys do not necessarily exist, but don't create them as it's probably a different issue.
A.
Click the Windows Orb (Start), type regedit, press Enter and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
B.
Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\StorageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).
C.
Lastly go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Control\StorageDevicePolicies, double click on WriteProtect and change Value Data to 0 (zero).

tullie 13:38 04 Nov 2009

You havent accidently flicked the lock switch on it have you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017